Before you start working on your vehicle, make sure you have a good repair manual. We recommend an online manual from ALLDATA You can even find out things only the dealer knows about your vehicle with TSBs, which are included with your ALLDATA manual.
- Shocks and struts can wear out and affect handling. If you car bounces excessively over bumps and leans hard in corners, your shocks could be warn. Look behind the wheel for the shock or strut and look for leaking oil. This is a sure sign of a worn shock or strut.
- Ball joints. Ball joints wear and can cause your car to wander while driving down the road. This is dangerous as they can separate and cause you to lose control.
- Check your shocks or struts for leakage frequently. Also pay attention to how your car handles. If you notice the ride deteriorating take your car in to have the struts checked.
- Ball joints should be checked when your car is inspected, if not, have your mechanic check them at least twice a year.
- At each oil change make sure you or your mechanic lubricates the ball joints and any other suspension components. Some components can not be lubricated as they are sealed from the factory.