Learn how cars work from our Autoshop 101 course.
No tests, no homework, just easy to understand lessons on how the systems in your car work. While you won't be rebuilding an engine at the end, you will have the basics of each system which will help you the next time you are at the mechanic facing a huge repair bill.
Where to start learning more about your car? At the beginning, the end, or anywhere in between. If you are facing a specific issue, then by all means start on that section. We won't smack your fingers for going out of order. Each section stands on it's own, so feel free to go it your own way by clicking a topic below.
- - Learn how your car's body is built, cared for, and repaired after an accident.
- - A critical system which can never be neglected.
- - Your car's engine produces a lot of heat, the cooling system removes that heat and keeps the engine in a peak operating temperature range.
- - From the clutch to axle, learn how your engines power reaches the ground.
- - Many systems in your car rely on electric power which starts at you battery and alternator.
- - The driving force in your car, nothing is more complex.
- - Your car's exhaust carries away harmful gases and keeps the environment cleaner.
- - Fuel (Gasoline, Diesel, LPG) powers your engine.
- - The HVAC system keeps you warm in the winter and cool in the summer.
- - Oil keeps friction from ruining your engine and many systems in your vehicle.
- - Your suspension helps your car deal with the bumps and curves of the road.
- - Without them, you won't get too far! Your tires are your connection with the road.
Save Money...Not a DIY Guy or Gal? Need a quick oil change? Don't fret, we have oil change and service coupons to help you save money on all your automotive service needs.
Get a FREE Online Repair Manual?!?!?We can't give you all the specific information to repair your car or truck, you need a make/model specific repair manual for that. Checkout my secret loop-hole that can score you free repair information.